If you are lucky enough to be getting hitched soon then keep reading...
I just thought i would share with you some quick tips about bridal make-up, the do's and more importantly the dont's!!!
Before the big day do's
- Try to get a consultation with a few make-up artists before the big day,some artists charge an extra fee for this,some might do it for free.
- If you are hiring a make-up artist take along images of looks that you would like on the day,she should look through them and come up with a style tailored to suit you personally based on these images.
- Also take your own make-up bag with you so that the artist can get an idea of what your everyday make-up style is.
- If you and your make-up artist have different ideas (this does sometimes happen!) suggest to her/him that they do half a face your way half a face theirs have them explain their ideas to you,a decent MUA will listen, and a really good artist will more than likely suggest this to you first.
Before the big day Donts
- Remember that you will be pulling your wedding day photo's out time and time again for many years to come.Unless you have a themed wedding,it is a good idea not to go for any kind of fashion trend as a wedding make-up look as it will become dated,try and keep the look as close to how you look day to day with a little more structure on lips (lipliner,deeper shades),cheeks and eyes (lashes,liner).The look should be timeless.
- Don't be dominated by your make-up artist,a good artist will listen and offer advice,not push her own tastes and style onto you.
- Don't forget that when choosing your MUA,a reccomendation from someone you trust (and whose wedding pics look beautiful!!) is a fantastic way to pick your MUA.
- Don't go for a dewy base unless you are prepared to touch it up alot! As much as dewy looks beautiful it will move throughout the day,think of sun,bright lights,hot reception :/ but again it's up to you and if you are prepared to keep touching up then i say go for it ( i actually think i would want a dewy base!!)
Example of a timeless bridal make-up...
And a not so timeless one...
|hmmm...what do you say to this??|